In the midst of creating my Self Love and Wellness online course dedicated to Black women, I thought about how essential taking a few minutes every day to appreciate yourself was. Ideally, we’d take an hour or two to really just soak in all that self-love, but who’s got that kind of time every single day?
When we are always on the grind, it’s so easy to forget how important showing gratitude towards our mind, body, and soul is for our overall health and wellbeing. So, I thought that it was as great a time as any to share a Self Love “To-Do” List that you can begin right now! Because, no matter where you are, what you’re doing, and who you’re with, if you don’t prioritize yourself, it’s kind of tough to do anything to the best of your abilities (which I’m hoping is the goal for all of my hard-working readers).
I thought I could create a list of things you can do right now, most of which will take you 5-minutes or less but will also have a significant impact on your mind, especially if you begin to do more than one, more frequently. These tips will not only help you prioritize yourself and contribute to your self-love journey but as soon as you begin, it’s like your lifting the weight off of your shoulders with each need you meet.
Doing just one thing on this list consistently has helped me get through my tough times, with just about no extra cost to myself, so hopefully, it can help you too.
A Self Love List You Can Start on RIGHT NOW
- Change your bedsheets
- Say 3 things that you love about yourself in the mirror
- Drink an entire glass of water
- Wash, exfoliate and moisturize your face
- Sit down and take 10 deep breaths
- Grab a fruit or your favorite vegetable
- Text a friend
- Tell a loved one to have a great day
- Fold your clean laundry and put it away
- Blast your favorite album
- Water your plants and tell them you care about them
- Make a cup of tea
- Read a page of your favorite book
- Soak your feet in a tub
- Take a warm shower
- Pick the clothes up off your floor and put them in your hamper
- Get some fresh air
- Do a handstand against the wall
- Turn off your phone for 15 minutes
- Stand in the sun
- Go for a walk around your block
- Do 10 pushups
- Dance around your bedroom
- Follow a Yoga Flow or Sun Salutation practice
- Cook yourself dinner
- Go to bed early
- Watch your favorite childhood movie
- Snuggle with a pet
- Try a new recipe
- Watch a motivational YouTube video
- Test out some new paints on a canvas
- Find an adult coloring book to start
- Listen to uplifting music
- Play some binaural beats
- Side note to my content creators- you don’t need to be creating content 24/7, especially when you’re drained. Take a breather, please.
And always remember to be gentle to yourself. You are still learning, growing, and understanding how to navigate through this crazy world. Actively putting in the effort to nurture yourself is an act of self-love, no matter how big or small the action is.
Hope this list was helpful! If it was, be sure to leave a comment for the rest of the beauties reading, down below ❤